Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A beginning

whimsy, noun


1. capricious humor or disposition; extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression: a play with lots of whimsy.

2.an odd or fanciful notion.

3.anything odd or fanciful; a product of playful or capricious fancy: a whimsy from an otherwise thoughtful writer.  

I began this blog after happening across many not unlike it, and I was intrigued. One doesn't find inspiration every day, though there is beauty to behold in the everyday. I yearn to capture those moments, and most of all not to forget them. It's so easy to slide into a comfortable and meaningless existance, and I want no part in that.

I started this blog as a place to keep my inspirations, to record that beauty and the glimmer of the magic in life. I love all things whimsical, light-hearted, and fun. The days I enjoy most involve being playful and creative...I am a child at heart.  Most days, the more frills the better. Why not dress up and enjoy yourself, for a reason no more complex than to celebrate being alive? So put on your fanciest party dress, enjoy with me a cup of chai, and take my hand as we journey through this walk called life. I can't wait until our next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment